I, an Admirer
            INSPIRED BY CARTOONIST MADAN'S ARTICLE "NAAN ORU RASIGAN", I HAVE STARTED THIS BLOG
TO SHARE THE THINGS I ADMIRE
           

Monday, January 23, 2006

Coincidence

My friend has bought a winter jacket from Ooty. Price was very reasonable but it had some logo and two other words HERMES & Antwerpen, which I didn't have any clue. I started using that jacket when ever I travel to some cold places.

I got a chance to travel to Brussels, Belgium on a business trip. I went alone. From Brussels airport, took a car for rent and reached the hotel. It was a remote place and there were no good malls and restaurants near by. I need to go to Brussels central to get all the stuffs. After getting necessary information from the hotel attendent, I walked to the railway station near by to get a train to central.

It was a small station and only three trains per hour stops in that station. I was alone in the station and bit tensed as I am not sure about the train I need to get in and the stop I need to get down. After a few minutes, a guy with the British Airways uniform came to the platform. He looked at me and smiled. I felt bit relaxed and approached him to get the details about the train and the central station. When I said "I am new to this place", that guy gave a weird look and asked "Have you never been to central?". I said "Yes". I didn't know why he reacted like that. He told that, he thought I was a Hermes student. Again I didn't understand anything and left.

LaterI noticed the word Hermes written in back of my jacket. I googled immediately to know more about that and found the intresting facts that Heremes is a European network for Literary, Aesthetic and Cultural Studies. It is based on a collaborative agreement between partner institutions from six European countries. It has a partnership with one of the institution in a city Antwerp, which is very close to Brussels,Belgium. So the jacket gave an impression that I was a student of the neighbouring city. That was really useful to me as it gave a secured feeling during the initial days in the unknown place.

Searching for some good jacket or T-shirts with any of these words: Auckland, Melbourne, Toronto. Who knows!!! again the coincidence may work!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sneha Acharya said...

ada ... better we google on the words thts thr in the new t shirts we buy :-)))

3:57 AM  
Blogger tholaiththavan said...

மாப்ளே,

நம்பவே முடியலடா... ஊட்டியில வாங்கின ஜாக்கெட்க்கு பின்னாடி இவ்வளவு பெரிய Storyaaa?...

Interesting to hear abt your experience da..

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home