I, an Admirer
            INSPIRED BY CARTOONIST MADAN'S ARTICLE "NAAN ORU RASIGAN", I HAVE STARTED THIS BLOG
TO SHARE THE THINGS I ADMIRE
           

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Bird Watching

I vaguely remember when and how I got the interest of watching birds. It was during my seventh standard. School was half a kilometer away from my house and I go to school by walk with few of my class mates lived in same street. On my way I used to listen the creeching sound of birds inside a compound. Every day I stop there for a while and try to see the birds through the compound grill. After crossing the house, the talk will be about the birds. Friend accompanied me got irritated to hear me saying repeatedly that "I will be buying these birds soon and have as my pet".

1.Love Birds 2.Cockatiels

Requests for buying those birds were rejected by parents without consideration. Atlast managed to buy a pair of Love Birds (Budgies) after 5 years struggle. That sweet pair attracted everyone at home and soon everybody started loving it. One afternoon when I was in school, my father opened the cage to feed the birds. Besides being cautious, one of the bird escaped from the cage and flew away. Everybody got upset just for the reason that I am going to get disappointed heavily by knowing this. My father made a quick plan to buy a bird before I come home. On seeing a huge flock of birds at the pet shop he got so impressed by the different colours and bought two more pairs home. It started breeding and the birds count reached more than 100. Next intreset was in Cockatiels, an australian origin bird, bit expensive than budgies. Bought couple of them too.

3.Cockatoo 4.Macaws


Still the intreset is growing and the new targets are for Cockatoos which is again an australian origin and Macaws, south american origin birds. They are exotic and available even in chennai at the un imaginable price of Rs 40,000 per pair and Rs 1,75,000 per pair respectively.

I had 5 years wait for getting my first pair of birds I loved. Now I don't know the real wait time for getting my favourite Cockatoos and Macaws.

2 Comments:

Blogger tholaiththavan said...

மாப்ளே,

I know abt your love over birds.Especially to Love birds...

Hope your comes true soon & will have good fun with your favourite Cockatoos and Macaws.

- Rajkumar Rajendran

10:18 AM  
Blogger Ramesh_Azhagar said...

I'm curious to know a little thing and somehow feel guilty for asking this. Is that bird still alive, whose pair flew away?

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home